Hi friends! Ever have shrimp fried rice from your local Chinese restaurant? Well this is BETTER! Not only is the flavor out of this world but YOU are making it which makes it even more delicious. I’ve been eating so much salad lately and wanted to switch things up so I went to Whole Foods and bought a bag of frozen shrimp. After getting home and unpacking everything I got to work…
Serves 4 or 6-8 side portions
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked (or 2½ to 3 cups leftover cooked quinoa)
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium chicken stock
- ¼ small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped and divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil (You can also use safflower oil)
- 2 eggs, lightly scrambled
- ½ cup of frozen broccoli florets
- 1 ½ tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- ¾ teaspoon sesame oil
- Shrimp- Since this dish serves 4 people I would serve 5 shrimp per person.
- Rinse quinoa a few times in cold water.
- Bring quinoa and water or chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan, and then reduce to a simmer. Season with salt.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until quinoa is fluffy and cooked through. Remove from heat and let set for five minutes or so. Fluff with a fork.
- Mix teriyaki, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat ½ tablespoon canola oil in a large sauté pan over a high heat. Add onion,carrot & broccoli, cook about two minutes. Add cleaned shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Add 2 scallions, garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook another two minutes. Add in the rest of the olive oil and the quinoa. Stir-fry about two minutes. Add sauce and stir-fry until incorporated, about two minutes. Make a well in the center of the mix and pour the 2 eggs, lightly scramble prior to adding to the mix and serve.