It’s the day after Easter and you probably have a dozen or so hard-boiled eggs left over!! So what to do?? Well eat them of course but doesn’t have to be just a boring hard boiled egg although that’s one option!! Here are a few other ideas as to how to enjoy those left over eggs!!
1. Breakfast: Lox on toast with sliced hard-boiled eggs! I purchase a package of Lox Wegmans in their deli section!!
2. Lunch: Egg salad! I use an egg slicer both ways–cut them vertically then horizontally so you wind up with a fixer egg. Drop them in the bowl and add a tablespoon of mayo at a time–judge how much you need based on how many eggs you use! Dice up some celery, chop some fresh dill and dash with salt and freshly cracked black pepper!! Yum!
3. Dinner: BLEC! Bacon, arugula, egg and cheese! Cook your bacon ahead of time. I usually take a baking sheet and place my bacon is a single layer, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and then cook for 10-15 min. After 10 min check to see how it’s cooking. I like mine well done! When it’s to your liking take out and lay on a plate with paper towels to absorb the grease. Toast up some of your favorite bread–my choice would be Ezekiel 4:9 which you can find in the organic freezer section of your grocery store! Spread a nice, thin layer of mayo, top with bacon, some fresh arugula which adds a nice peppery bite and finally top with your favorite cheese! I would add a nice hearty slice of jarlsberg. Place it on a baking sheet and place under the broiler to melt the cheese. Enjoy!
4. Side Dish: Broccolini sautéed with garlic and oil, topped with chopped hard-boiled eggs. Place two Tbsp. olive oil in a pan with 3 cloves of garlic on medium-low heat. Lightly brown your garlic and then add Broccolini until it’s tender–about 15 min or so. Continue to turn during the cooking process. Sprinkle with some pink Himalayan salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Remove from pan and sprinkle chopped hard boiled eggs over it! A great side of protein, vitamins and nutrients!!
5. Salad: Top your favorite green salad with a hard-boiled egg!!
6. Snack/Appetizer: Deviled eggs! Check out our Passover/Easter post for the recipe! Click here
We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!!!